All online learning for Seeking Safety (courses #1 - #6)
We offer 6 courses of online learning related to Seeking Safety. You can do as few or many as you choose and you can do them in any order. You will receive a certificate for each course you pass, and you can also obtain continuing education credits (CEs) if desired. All of the courses provide a set of questions that relate to different parts of the book or DVD, and all of the DVD courses have content on "Why is this important" and "Practical Tips" related to the questions. The goal is to help provide educational content that helps to engage you in the content of the book and/or DVDs.
(a) Courses #1 through #4 require use of the Seeking Safety Training DVDs (each DVD goes with each respective course). Courses #5 and #6 require use of the Seeking Safety book. The cost of the DVDs and book are additional, not included in the course fee. You can rent the DVDs or purchase them; the Seeking Safety book can be paperback or e-book (PDF). Click each course below for a detailed description. If you would like to order all 6 courses together, return to this page to place your order.
(b) This online learning does not have video content-- it is a set of questions that relate to different parts of the DVDs and the book to help you identify whether you understand key aspects of Seeking Safety.
Courses designed for the Seeking Safety Training DVDs
Course #1 -- Video #1, - Seeking Safety: An evidence-based model for trauma and substance abuse (2 CEs)
Course #2 -- Video #2, - Example of a Seeking Safety session: Asking for Help (1 CE)
Course #3 -- Video #3, - A Client's Story; Example of Teaching Grounding to a Client (1 CE)
Course #4 -- Video #4 - Session for Adherence Rating: Healthy Relationships (2 CEs)
Courses designed for the Seeking Safety book
Courses #5 and 6 -- The Seeking Safety book: Part A - Introduction and Overview (6 CEs) and The Seeking Safety book: Part B - The 25 Seeking Safety Topics (6 CEs)
Practical details for all courses
1) Certificates and continuing education credits (CEs). All courses can be done either with or without (CEs). The content is identical. A total of 18 CEs is available. A list of CE types available can be found here. When you pass a course you can print your certificate of completion, If you ordered CEs please send us the certificates and we will issue the CEs within 7-10 business days via email; the non-CE certificate will just state that you completed the course.
2) Timing. Your login information to access the guide will be sent within 5 business days and then you will have one year from that date to access and complete the course(s). After that, you will not be registered and would need to order them again. You will be able to print your certificate for any course you pass. Please print certificates immediately but no more than one month after you complete the course(s) as you will no longer be registered after that. Also we will retain your certificate for one year, but be sure to retain it on your end as well.
3) Procedure. All courses are online. Once you purchase any course, you will be emailed a login and password and you can do it at any time. However, please remember that you will need the materials for the courses you select. Courses #1 - #4 require the Seeking Safety Training DVDs; courses #5 - #6 require the Seeking Safety book.
4) Handy tip. Courses 1-4 that use the Seeking Safety Training DVDs will suggest specific timepoints for you to pause to answer the questions. If your computer or DVD player does not have a time counter, use a free online stopwatch timer such as www.timeanddate.com/stopwatch/
5) If you are purchasing the courses for someone other than yourself: in Notes to Seller on last screen of check-out, please provide the participant's first and last name, and e-mail address. If you are signing up multiple users, please provide all first and last names and e-mail addresses of users. This allows us to process your order as quickly as possible.
6) Important: courses, once assigned, cannot be shared with others (it's one person per course registration). But you can request to transfer the course(s) to someone else for a $10 fee; email email@example.com and we will send a link for to pay the transfer fee. Please note that you can only transfer a course the original person did not complete and it needs to be within the original one-year time frame allowed for the course completion (but, hey, a year is a long time!).
7) Note for international orders: Your order will show a 'shipping' charge but we will immediately refund that when your order comes in. Our store automatically creates the charge for international orders due to how shipping is set up but we guarantee you will be refunded that shipping charge.