Online learning for Seeking Safety - Course #2
Course #2 - Example of a Seeking Safety session: Asking for Help
This is course #2 of the 6 courses of online learning available related to Seeking Safety. You can do as few or many of the 6 courses as you choose. You will receive a certificate if you pass the course and you can also obtain continuing education credits (CEs) if desired. Course #2 has 1 CE available. This course provides a set of questions that relate to different parts of the DVD, along with "Why is this important" and "Practical Tips" related to the questions. The goal is to help provide educational content that helps to engage you in the content of this DVD. The course will suggest specific timepoints for you to pause to answer the questions. If your computer or DVD player does not have a time counter, use a free online stopwatch timer such as www.timeanddate.com/stopwatch/
(b) this online learning does not have video content-- it is a set of questions that relate to different parts of the video to help you identify whether you understand key aspects of Seeking Safety.
Course #2 summary
The goal of this online learning course is to learn how a Seeking Safety session is conducted. The 1-hour video shows Lisa Najavits, the developer of Seeking Safety, conducting a group session with real clients, unscripted. The session uses the topic Asking for Help from the Seeking Safety book. Teaching points appear throughout on the bottom of the screen. Each part of the Seeking Safety format is shown, including check-in, quotation, use of handouts, and check-out. Also, a brief segment from an interview with each client is provided at the beginning of the video to provide background about their life history in relation to trauma and substance abuse.
1. To learn how the Seeking Safety sessions elements are conducted (check-in, quotation, use of handouts, and check-out).
2. To provide an example of one Seeking Safety topic, Asking for Help, with real clients.
3. To understand how the Seeking Safety topic can be applied to real-life challenges in clients' lives.
1) Certificates and continuing education credits (CEs). The course can be done either with or without (CEs) and the content is identical. You can earn 1 CE for this course. A list of CE types available can be found here. When you pass a course you can print your certificate of completion, If you ordered CEs please send us the certificates and we will issue the CEs within 7-10 business days via email; the non-CE certificate will just state that you completed the course.
2) Timing. Your login information to access the guide will be sent within 5 business days and then you will have one year from that date to access and complete the course(s). After that, you will not be registered and would need to order them again. You will be able to print your certificate for any course you pass. Please print certificates immediately but no more than one month after you complete the course(s) as you will no longer be registered after that. Also we will retain your certificate for one year, but be sure to retain it on your end as well.
3) Procedure. All courses are online. Once you purchase any course, you will be emailed a login and password and you can do it at any time. However, please remember that you will need the material for the course you select. See the first paragraph of this item description for specifics.
4) If you are purchasing the courses for someone other than yourself: in Notes to Seller on last screen of check-out, please provide the participant's first and last name, and e-mail address. If you are signing up multiple users, please provide all first and last names and e-mail addresses of users. This allows us to process your order as quickly as possible.
5) Important: courses, once assigned, cannot be shared with others (it's one person per course registration). But you can request to transfer the course(s) to someone else for a $10 fee; email email@example.com and we will send a link for to pay the transfer fee. Please note that you can only transfer a course the original person did not complete and it needs to be within the original one-year time frame allowed for the course completion (but, hey, a year is a long time!).
6) Note for international orders: Your order will show a 'shipping' charge but we will immediately refund that when your order comes in. Our store automatically creates the charge for international orders due to how shipping is set up but we guarantee you will be refunded that shipping charge.