the boOK SEEKING SAFETY
The Seeking Safety book provides client handouts and guidance for facilitators (professionals or peers-- anyone can conduct the model). Per the book publisher, each provider needs a book, and can share the book handouts for personal use (only with their own clients).
allow printing out the handouts.
- It is available as an ebook (PDF) or paperbook from our store or as an ebook(PDF) or paperback from amazon*. There is a Canada amazon* ebook (PDF) or paperback as well. If you order the ebook, we will email you the link to it and you would click on that link to download it. If you are ordering for others in your agency, we can send you the full list of links to distribute to your staff in whatever timeframe you choose.
There are translations in many languages, including the full Spanish book or the Spanish handouts-only (and we also have other materials in Spanish)
allow printing out the handouts.
- See the FAQ section of our website, section "Materials", for more information on use of the materials.
- There are 2 online learning options related to the book (courses 5 and 6)
- There is a Teaching Guide to Introduce Seeking Safety to Your Agency. This is designed for anyone in an agency who wants to help staff learn about Seeking Safety.
- There are other Seeking Safety materials as well. New as of September 2022! -- the Seeking Safety card deck is available both on our store and on amazon.
- Guilford Press, the publisher, allows each person who has purchased the book to obtain the handouts for use in telehealth or to print out for use with one's own direct clients (but not to post or share with colleagues). More information about the Seeking Safety book is here and information on use of e-books from Guilford is here.
THE BOOK FInding your best self
This is Lisa's newest model (entirely new content, separate from Seeking Safety). It can be conducted by professionals, peers, friends or family members or done as self-help
- It is available via our web store as an e-book (PDF) or paperback or from amazon as ebook, paperback or or hard cover. Training is available as well. Translations are available in German and Japanese and underway in Polish, Korean, and simplified Chinese.
- If you order the ebook, we will email you the link to it and you would click on that link to download it. If you are ordering for others in your agency, we can send you the full list of links to distribute to your staff in whatever timeframe you choose.
- There are several translations.
the women's addiction workbook
This gender-based model can be used as self-help or facilitated by professionals or peers or family/friends
- It is available in paperback
- There is also a Teaching Guide to Introduce A Woman’s Path to Recovery to Your Agency, which is used with A Woman’s Addiction Workbook.
more about all books
- People sometimes ask about adapting the books. The books have been used across a very broad range of clients, settings and populations and adaptation is part of the models (they are flexible). Obtaining training or phone consultation can be helpful if needed. Also the books are copyrighted and the publisher makes clear that it is a copyright violation to create any written adapted version. See also the FAQ section of our website regarding materials
- We do have several addenda that can be used in conjunction with the Seeking Safety book:
- If you are ordering a large number of books we offer discounts listed on our Vendor page