treatment innovations' HISTORY, MISSION, and values
How we began
Treatment Innovations was created by Lisa Najavits, the developer of Seeking Safety. It began in the 1990s, originally called LMN Consulting.
Our mission is to provide resources to improve the quality of care for people with substance abuse, trauma, and related problems. Treatment Innovations bridges the worlds of
- Evidence: research-based models
- Compassion: a public-health oriented approach to serve vulnerable populations
- Action: offering practical options for training, consultation, and materials
Our primary values are to create options that are:
- Highly appealing to clients and clinicians (carefully constructed works that are emotionally engaging)
- Flexible to promote ease of implementation
- Relevant across diverse settings, including hospitals, community-based mental health and substance abuse programs, criminal justice, homeless programs, veteran and military settings, adolescent programs, primary care,etc.
- Cost-effective and easily scaleable
The models on which we provide support
Seeking Safety A present-focused (first-stage) model for trauma and/or addiction
Finding Your Best Self A model that can be used as self-help or counselor led, for trauma and/or addiction
Creating Change A past-focused (second stage) model for trauma and/or addiction recovery
A Woman's Path to Recovery A gender-based model using A Woman's Addiction Workbook
General trauma-informed care At the core of all our work
We have a financial conflict of interest policy related to federal grants we receive..