Interested in doing a study? If you'd like to conduct research on Seeking Safety or any other model we support (Creating Change or A Woman's Addiction Workbook), our team is happy to assist. We can provide:
- Our fidelity scales for download
- Fidelity training and/or supervisory training for research, as well as regular training on the model(s). See our Fact Sheet on Training for details on these, including methods and costs.
- Materials for your grant application such as a letter of support and biosketch from Lisa Najavits or other team member. Note: please email your deadline; and the exact letter that you want both in content and format. The letter will be sent back on letterhead, signed, as a pdf.
- Suggestions As you develop your study it can help to model your study on one or more existing studies. Read some of those studies to inspire ideas for study design, measures, analyses, etc. Also, see: Najavits LM (2003). How to design an effective treatment outcome study. Journal of Gambling Studies, 19:317-337.
- Research consultation: Lisa Najavits is a professor with many years' experience conducting outcome trials on Seeking Safety and other models. You can obtain formal consultation if desired,and she is also available informally by email if you have brief questions. She can consult to grants, provide copies of "under review" articles, and helping you get in touch with others who are already conducting studies on Seeking Safety or our other models.