June 16th, 2022 - 1 day training on the new model Finding Your Best Self, conducted by Lisa Najavits)
Join us for a 1-day webinar training on Finding Your Best Self hosted by Treatment Innovations. Lisa Najavits, the author of this new recovery model, will conduct the webinar training. Finding Your Best Self can be used as self-help, by family members, peers, as well as by counselors in group or individual format. This new model is entirely separate from Seeking Safety. The book has received outstanding reviews, and offers 36 short chapters, each addressing a specific facet of trauma and/or addiction, and does not overlap with Seeking Safety. Examples of chapters include: How do people change?; The world is your school; Listen to your behavior; Wish versus reality; Possible selves; The language of trauma and addiction; Social pain; Why trauma and addiction go together; Forgiving yourself; Body and biology; The culture of silence; How to survive a relapse; The decision to grow; Dark feelings (rage, hatred, revenge, bitterness); Imagination; Create a healing image. Chapters can be done in any order and in as few or many sessions as time allows. It is a flexible model for any client, in any setting. Much like the well-known model Seeking Safety, this one too strives to increase hope through emphasis on ideals; offers exercises, emotionally-evocative language, and quotations to engage patients; and provides concrete strategies to build recovery skills.
This training is designed for anyone; no license, degree, or prior training is required. By the end of the training, anyone who wants to implement the model will be able to. The day will be highly interactive with exercises and discussion.
Date: Thursday, June 16th, 2021
Location: Online via Zoom
Schedule: Training 10am - 5pm EST (includes a 30 minute lunch break and two 15-minute breaks, one in the morning, one in the afternoon).
1) Describe current understanding of trauma, addiction, and their combination.
2) Identify how to use the book for different situations (by family members, self-help, or peer- or counselor-led format).
3) Describe how to engage clients in book topics based on their clinical needs.
4) Address the importance of adaptation with respect to the culture.
5) List key principles of the model.
6) Identify how topics relate to phase-based treatment for trauma and/or addiction.
7) Provide resources for trauma and addiction.
Questions: Chris Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org, 617-299-1640
Cost: Please choose from the following:
$100 (training plus attendance certificate; this assumes you have your own copy of the book)
$110 (training, Finding Your Best Self book shipped via media mail, plus attendance certificate)
$139 (training plus certificate for 6 CEUs; this assumes you have your own copy of the book)
$149 (training, Finding Your Best Self book shipped via media mail, plus certificate for 6 CEUs)
Please read our policies below
Book: All attendees will need the book Finding Your Best Self for this training and handouts will be provided electronically during the webinar-- all exercises and discussion are based on the book directly. If you already have the book or prefer to order the book on your own via amazon.com, that is fine. If you want to order a book from us, we will ship it media mail unless you order it priority mail when checking out. We ship US Postal Service, which can be slow, so please allow 4-6 weeks for media and 2 weeks for priority. The book cost listed is for shipping within the U.S.; if you are international, contact us for the shipping charge.
To register multiple people: Please be sure to write the names of each attendee in the comments field when you checkout, so that we will have the correct listing for them. Please note that the registration cost is per person, so "add to cart" as many as will be attending. Each will need to sign onto the training from their own computer as we track attendance. But if you want to have more than one person at a single computer (e.g., you have 4 people all registered but in the same room on the same computer), contact us in advance for written permission and so we can set up the steps to make that possible.
CEUs: CEUs are available but not included in training fee. If you are not interested in CEUs, we will provide an attendance certificate to anyone who attends the full training and completes the evaluation at the end of the day. If you are interested in CEUs, please click here to learn about the ones we can provide and the cost of those. Please note that for attendance certificates and CEUs, we will verify attendance based on the electronic timestamp of when you signed in and out of the webinar. CEU certificates are issued within 2 weeks of the training and the contact person is Chris Jones at email@example.com.
Payment can be via credit card on this website, which is the simplest method. Or you can pay by check or institutional purchase order using our registration form.
Deadline: online registration will be accepted until 24 hours ahead of the training; purchase orders (POs) and mailed registration forms with a check need to arrive 3 days ahead (but if you email we will try to work with you if you're up against the clock). You can email or fax (617-701-1295) the PO if desired. Registrations are processed in the order received. If you're registering via a mailed PO or a check, we will process it as soon as it is received but cannot guarantee a spot until it arrives. If you're registering 10 or more people and want us to reserve spots for them, contact us.
Refund/cancellation policy: Sorry but we're not able to issue refunds. However you can transfer the registration to another training date and/or person for a $10 fee that can be processed with this link. Please include the training date you are transferring to and/or the name, email and phone of the person you are transferring to in the Notes to Seller section of your order (it's just above the place order button on the final screen during check-out). Registration transfers must be received at least 24 hours ahead of the training start time.
Handouts: All handouts required for this training are in the Finding Your Best Self book. Be sure to have the book with you for the training day.
Zoom instructions (important):
1) Zoom registration is required and you will have a unique zoom link that is only for you, which we use to track attendance. To ensure that you receive the link in time, we use the following process. After your order comes in to us, we will email you a "Two Step Process" that describes how to obtain your unique zoom link. Please be sure to do it as soon as you get it (way ahead of the training date) so you are good to go. Often the link ends up in spam, so check that as well. We will help you no matter what, but if not done well in advance you may encounter difficulty getting onto the start of the training.
2) All of the regular training exercises will be done, including small groups and pairs. Please enable your webcam and be prepared to participate in exercises throughout the day. You'll be automatically joined with the right number of other attendees in breakout rooms on Zoom. Dress sharp! -- or at least not in pajamas :)
3) For Zoom problems before or during the training contact us through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 617-299-1640 by phone or text. Please be patient and know that we will do everything we can to help you.
Feedback: We hope you enjoy the training! Feel free to share your feedback or email email@example.com with comments. We take your feedback seriously.