August 5th 2021 - 1 day Seeking Safety training (Webinar)
Join us for a 1-day webinar training on Seeking Safety hosted by Treatment Innovations. This training is designed for anyone; no license, degree, or prior training is required.
Date: Thursday, August 5th, 2021
Location: Online via Zoom
Schedule: Training 10:00AM - 5:00PM Eastern Time (includes a 30 minute lunch break and two 15-minute breaks, one in the morning, another in the afternoon).
1. Learn how to implement Seeking Safety with adults and/or adolescents
2. Review research and clinical issues in treating trauma and substance abuse
3. Increase empathy and understanding of trauma and substance abuse
4. Learn how to conduct Seeking Safety, an evidence-based model for trauma and/or substance abuse
5. Obtain assessment and treatment resources
Questions: Chris Jones email@example.com 617-299-1640
Cost: $140 is to register for the training plus obtain an attendance certificate. Optional items you can add on are CEUs and the Seeking Safety book either hard copy or electronic (PDF).
Please read our policies below
Book: 1. A Seeking Safety book is needed for each person who will conduct Seeking Safety (per the publisher) but is not required at the training as we offer handouts for the training itself. If you already have the book, great-- have it on hand for the webinar. (The only exception is if you will bill the LA County Department of Mental Health for Seeking Safety services, which requires the book during the training.)
3. If you want to order a book, the options are here. Please be aware of ship times if you order through us. You order a book from us with a discount if you do it as part of your registration by (click the check box when you are adding the registration to your cart). But please note the cost is for shipping within the U.S. If you are international, we may need to add a slight upcharge depending on shipping location but can let you know via email if you want to inquire.
To register multiple people: The registration cost is per person, so Add to Cart as many as will be attending and then write the name of each attendee in the Comments field when you checkout, along with each person's email address. Note: each person requires a separate registration and needs to attend from a separate computer. [It is not allowed to do one registration and have two or more people at that same computer.]. But you are welcome to order registrations for multiple people on one order but be sure to list that person's name and email address in the Notes to Seller screen when you check out.
CEUs: CEUs are available but not included in the training fee. If you are not interested in CEUs, we provide an attendance certificate to anyone who attends the full training (we verify via timestamp on Zoom). If you are interested in CEUs, click here to learn about the ones we can provide and the cost. CEUs and attendance certificates are issued within 2 weeks of the training unless the stars align and can send them earlier.
Payment can be via credit card on this website, which is simplest. Or you can pay by check or institutional purchase order using our registration form.
Deadline: online registration will be accepted until 24 hours ahead of the training; purchase orders (POs) and mailed registration forms with a check need to arrive 3 days ahead (but if you email we will try to work with you if you're up against the clock). You can email or fax (617-701-1295) the PO if desired. Registrations are processed in the order received. If you're registering via a mailed PO or a check, we will process it as soon as it is received but cannot guarantee a spot until it arrives. If you're registering 10 or more people and want us to reserve spots for them, contact us.
Refunds/cancellations: Sorry, we can't issue refunds-- but we want you to be happy! You can transfer the registration to another training date and/or person for a $10 fee if we receive it at least 24 hours prior to the training start time; it can be processed with this link. Please include the training date you are transferring to and/or the name, email and phone of the person you are transferring to in the Notes to Seller section of your order (it's just above the place order button on the final screen during check-out). For less than 24 hours notice, or if you no-show the event (regardless of reason), or attend late, we can offer you a future webinar at half the usual registration cost; email us and include your receipt or other proof/information that you were registered to begin with, and we will email you a link for the half price; if you do that option, be sure to list the future training date you would like.
Handouts: If you will not have a book at the training, be sure to download the Basic handouts and Asking for Help. If you will have a book at the training, download the Shorter version of the handouts
Zoom instructions (important):
1) Zoom registration is required and you will have a unique zoom link that is only for you, which we use to track attendance. To ensure that you receive the link in time, we use the following process. After your order comes in to us, we will email you a next step that describes how to obtain your unique zoom link. Please be sure to do it as soon as you get it to help calm your (and our) nerves-- we want to make sure you can access the webinar! Zoom registration will begin to be approved two weeks before the webinar, at which point you will receive an email with your personalized link to join the webinar. We will help you no matter what, but if not done well in advance you may encounter difficulty getting onto the start of the training. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER and also check the email address that was listed on your order. Also whitelist our domain name [treatment-innovations.org] so that you receive our emails.
2) All of the regular training exercises will be done, including small groups and pairs. Please enable your webcam and be prepared to participate in exercises throughout the day. You'll be automatically joined with the right number of other attendees in breakout rooms on Zoom. Dress sharp! -- or at least not in pajamas :)
3) For Zoom problems before or during the training contact us through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 617-299-1640 by phone or text. Please be patient and know that we will do everything we can to help you.
Feedback: Feel free to share your feedback or email email@example.com with comments. We listen to all feedback.
Enjoy! We hope you have a great training experience!