February 4, 2021 - 1 day training on the new model Finding Your Best Self (webinar conducted by Lisa Najavits)
Join us for a 1-day webinar training on Finding Your Best Self hosted by Treatment Innovations. Lisa Najavits, the author of this new recovery model, will conduct the webinar training. Best Self can be used as self-help, by family members, peers, as well as by counselors in group or individual format. This new model is entirely separate from Seeking Safety.The book has received outstanding reviews, and offers 36 short chapters, each addressing a specific facet of trauma and/or addiction, and does not overlap with Seeking Safety. Examples of chapters include: How do people change?; The world is your school; Listen to your behavior; Wish versus reality; Possible selves; The language of trauma and addiction; Social pain; Why trauma and addiction go together; Forgiving yourself; Body and biology; The culture of silence; How to survive a relapse; The decision to grow; Dark feelings (rage, hatred, revenge, bitterness); Imagination; Create a healing image. Chapters can be done in any order and in as few or many sessions as time allows. It is a flexible model for any client, in any setting. Much like the well-known model Seeking Safety, this one too strives to increase hope through emphasis on ideals; offers exercises, emotionally-evocative language, and quotations to engage patients; and provides concrete strategies to build recovery skills.
This training is designed for anyone; no license, degree, or prior training is required. By the end of the training, anyone who wants to implement Best Self will be able to. The day will be highly interactive with exercises and discussion.
Date: February 4, 2021
Location: Online via Zoom
Schedule: Training 10am - 5pm EST (includes a 30 minute lunch break and two 15-minute breaks, one in the morning, one in the afternoon).
1) Describe current understanding of trauma, addiction, and their combination.
2) Identify how to use the book for different situations (by family members, self-help, or peer- or counselor-led format).
3) Describe how to engage clients in book topics based on their clinical needs.
4) Address the importance of adaptation with respect to the culture.
5) List key principles of the model.
6) Identify how topics relate to phase-based treatment for trauma and/or addiction.
7) Provide resources for trauma and addiction.
Questions: Chris Jones email@example.com 617-299-1640
Cost: Please choose from the following:
$100 (training plus attendance certificate; this assumes you have your own copy of the book)
$110 (training, Finding Your Best Self book, plus attendance certificate)
$139 (training plus certificate for 6 CEUs; this assumes you have your own copy of the book)
$149 (training, Finding Your Best Self book, plus certificate for 6 CEUs)
Please read our policies below
Book: All attendees will need the book Finding Your Best Self for this training as there will be no training handouts-- all exercises and discussion will be based on the book directly. Registrants who purchase the book with registration will receive a copy of the book via mail before the training. If you already have the book or prefer to order the book on your own via amazon.com that is fine too. The book cost listed is for shipping within the U.S. If you are international, we may need to add a slight upcharge depending on shipping location but can let you know via email if you want to inquire.
To register multiple people: Please be sure to write the names of each attendee in the comments field when you checkout, so that we will have the correct listing for them.
CEUs: CEUs are available but not included in training fee. If you are not interested in CEUs, we will provide an attendance certificate to anyone who attends the full training and completes the evaluation at the end of the day. If you are interested in CEUs, please click here to learn about the ones we can provide and the cost of those. Please note that for attendance certificates and CEUs, we will verify attendance based on the electronic timestamp of when you signed in and out of the webinar. CEU certificates are issued within 2 weeks of the training and the contact person is Alex Green at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment can be via credit card on this website, which is the simplest method. Or you can pay by check or institutional purchase order using our registration form.
Deadline for registration: online registrations will be accepted through February 5th and mailed registration forms with a check must arrive to us by February 3rd. If you’re paying via a purchase order (PO), that needs to arrive by February 3rd. Any orders including a Finding Your Best Self book must be received by January 22nd.
Cancellation policy: Sorry but we're not able to issue refunds nor exchanges to another training date or location. However, if you register and are unable to attend you may transfer your registration for this training (same date) to another person. Please email email@example.com with the subject line "Transfer Registration" and include your contact information as well as the information of the person you are transferring the registration to.
For the webinar day
Handouts: All handouts required for this training are in the Finding Your Best Self book. Be sure to have the book with you for the training day.
1. We will email you the zoom link the day before the webinar . We suggest you join the call at least 10 minutes ahead. If you're not familiar with Zoom, try it out ahead of time to ensure you are familiar with it. If you need help with Zoom their support is available on their website. Please see the FAQ page and video tutorials if you have technical difficulties.
2. You will be muted when you join and will be asked to put questions in Chat on Zoom as there will be a lot of attendees and this way it won't interrupt the flow.
3. All of the regular training exercises will be done, including small groups and pairs exercise. Please have your webcam enabled and be prepared to participate in group exercises throughout the day. You'll be automatically paired up with the right number of other attendees in "breakout rooms" on Zoom. Dress sharp! -- or at least not in pajamas :)
4. For Zoom problems before or during the training you can contact us through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 617-299-1640 by phone or text.
Feedback: Have a great time! We hope you enjoy the training. Feel free to share your feedback or email email@example.com with comments.