finding your best self Webinar FAqs
Welcome to the training! We're happy to have you and hope it's a great day for you.
the training day
- The schedule for the day includes a 30-minute lunch break and two 15-minute breaks, one in the morning, one in the afternoon.
- See the outline of the training
- Please be aware of your timezone and use this easy timezone converter to help.
- Smile! We encourage you to have your webcam on (but don’t require it).
- Please list your full, real name in Zoom during the training so we can verify that it was you who attended. Also the name you enter on Zoom will be the one on your attendance certificate (sorry but we are unable to make changes later unless it was our error). How to change your name on Zoom? Easy-peasy! Hover over your picture and click the 3 dots next to it, and click Change Name.
- You can switch devices during the training (e.g., laptop then later mobile phone), but need to use the same Zoom link and check that your name is correct each time (see the point above).
- If you use a mobile phone or tablet for any part of the training, email or text me the phone number so we’ll know it’s you (Zoom won’t show your name, just your number, and we need your name to let you in, and later to verify that you attended and issue your certificate).
- If you run into tech problems, try rebooting your computer and logging in again to the meeting. See also the "Problems with Technology" section below.
- Please remember your unique Zoom link can’t be shared. "Sharing is caring" except when it comes to Zoom links (it's unethical to share your link with anyone). If it occurs, neither person will receive any certificate-- no exceptions, regardless of reason, as we’re subject to audit for all certificates and are required to use Zoom’s automated attendance report.
- No recording is allowed, for any reason. Thank you for honoring that.
all about handouts / books / powerpoint
Handouts for today's training
- Our powerpoint slides, unfortunately, are not distributed. However everything that is covered at the training is in the book and/or on our website (e.g., the section FAQs, implementation, library, etc.). We also have a Teaching Guide to Introduce Seeking Safety to others in your agency. There are various reasons why we stopped sharing the powerpoint some years ago but the gist is that we used to release the slides but then some people would take the slides, say they were trained by us, and then hold their own training on the model and give substantial misinformation. Thanks for understanding.
- The Finding Your Best Self is available but is not required at the training as we use the handouts above for the training itself. Note: if you ordered the book through our website or with your registration, be aware of shipping times.
- If you have not ordered a book and want to, see the book options, which includes paperback and ebook.
- You may also be interested in two other books that are relevant to the training: the Seeking Safety Adolescent Toolkit and the Seeking Safety book
- Various fun but optional implementation are also available here.
certificates for attendance / continuing education (CEs)
- Yay! Everyone gets an attendance certificate if they:
- use their unique Zoom link;
- attend the full training (at least 5 of the 6 teaching hours, as verified by the Zoom attendance report);
- don’t share their link, and
- can be identified on the automated Zoom attendance report.
- Continuing education credits (CEs) also require all of the above. They are available for a fee; see our list of CE types and our CE information page for more. Please note that we can't issue refunds for CEs for any reason, including not attending enough of the training.
- We can't comment on what CE types will be accepted for any particular person and don't want to steer you wrong, so please contact your professional organization or license board if needed.
- Please remember the name you list on Zoom during the day will be listed on your certificate (see "During the Training" section above).
- All certificates are emailed as soon as possible, and no later than 2 weeks of the training.
problems with technology
We get it! Tech issues happen. See below for solutions and contact your IT department for additional help. Sorry, but the trainer can't address tech help unless everyone at the training is affected by the same issue. Our wonderful trainer needs to focus on the training.
- I can't hear/see the Zoom meeting, what happened? This is most likely an issue with your internet, so the first step is to log off and back on, and do not worry as we will let you back in immediately. If this does not solve things, you may need to call in through a phone number. If you need to do this, please inform us via email (email@example.com) so you can receive credit for your attendance.
- I don't have a microphone, how can I participate in breakout rooms? If you don't have a microphone, you can call in through a phone number, as mentioned above. You will need to email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) so we know who the phone number belongs to. If we do not know who the number belongs to, we may not be able to admit you to the webinar, and you may not receive attendance credit.
- For audio issues visit this link for troubleshooting.
- General Zoom help is here.
Future training options
- See our available open webinar trainings (anyone can register). We offer webinars monthly.
- We offer consultation after a training and also optional certification (but if you’re conducting research that will be published, that is required).
- We also train on additional topics for agencies that book their own training with us.
here's how to get more help
I want to help! Contact email@example.com; 617-299-1640. Email is best; if you text or call, it will take longer to get a reply. Also please allow time-- I am likely helping others too :)